101 Dalmations

101 Dalmations

Hundred day

Hundred day
Polka Dots galore

Tuesday, April 6, 2010


Now that Spring is here the girls are playing outdoors a lot more. They have outgrown most of their summer clothes. Yes Lucy does get a lot of hand me downs but they have differant size bodies. Sophie was thin but taller. Lucy is really thin and more fragile looking. What looked good on Sophie doesn't look good on Lucy. So they both need new clothes. So it means Grandma has to get to work. I looked in my stash and found the pink print with just the right amount of fabric for a top for Lucy. I thought the yellow would make nice capris. For playclothes I thought I would root thru my stash and try to use up some fabric. Even though they are playclothes we still want them to look nice. The top is a rather basic top, so I added a little rick rack to spice it up. I thought the capri's needed a little something. So I appliqued a butterfly , like the ones in the print, on the pant leg. I think the ruffle added a little fun.I had just enought fabric left to make the headband. The outfit ia complete. Now to start on something new.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love rick rack. The butterfly just makes the whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete