101 Dalmations

101 Dalmations

Hundred day

Hundred day
Polka Dots galore

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Heat


With the summer heat upon us I thought I wound make Sophie a cool summer dress. I used a large floral print. It is a pique fabric. I saw a dress similar at a high end boutique. I immediately thought I can make that. I found a full A-line pattern. It just called for the arm and neck to be turned under. I don't like that and fully lined it. I ran a gathering stitch at the bottom and gathered it up. I than added a white band at the hem. It is also pique. After it was done I realized the neck was to big for her thin shoulders. I took in 2 pleats in the front neck and it fits her much better.I made a flower pin out of white cotton to add to the dress. I think they can really make the dress I had a scrap of fabrics left and made a headband to go with it. The outfit looks really cute on Sophie. It was a very fast and easy dress to make.

1 comment:

  1. This is a perfect summer time dress! I love the fabric, the style, everything.

    ReplyDelete