101 Dalmations

101 Dalmations

Hundred day

Hundred day
Polka Dots galore

Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Elegence




Every Christmas the girls Aunt takes them to the party at her country club. It is a very dress up affair. I think all kids should have a opportunity to get dressed up and use their best manners. I saw a outfit in Chasing Fireflies catalog that I loved. I made my version of the outfits that sold for very big bucks. The pants were gaucho's made in Brocade. In the pictures they look more gold. They actually were a very light avocado green. The dress over the pants was a silk Shantung in a darker avocado green. It had a sash that tied in a bow in the back. There were gold buttons on the front. The dresses can be worn without the pants. They really look better in person. They were very elegant.The girls enjoyed all the compliments. They really did look special.

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. I've got that Chasing Fireflies outfit on my list also. You did a wonderful job with yours. I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering if you have any ideas to princess up a plain old t-shirt that has the school logo and stuff on it? My daughter was given one and kindly asked to wear it on Friday's and so far.....she turns her nose on it.

    ReplyDelete