101 Dalmations

101 Dalmations

Hundred day

Hundred day
Polka Dots galore

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Avalon Jacket






I finally finished the Avalon Jacket from the book Sewing clothes that Kids love. This jacket turned out so cute. It was easy to make. I really had fun decoration it up. I used the embroidery from Huupt Embroidery. It is reversable. I got a yard of polka dot corgaroy from Michael Miller. I paired it up with some cotton polka dot. On the red twill I had fun using ball fringe, ribbon and rick rack. It was so much fun just playing around. I will be making this jacket for both of the girls several times.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun, cute jacket! I've been holding off on ordering "that book" but seeing all the cute creations people have been sewing, I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is SO cute, i really love it! I didn't even check this pattern out yet, but I now know that I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Great use of colors and trims.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your jacket. I just got the book in the mail this week, and was thinking of making my girls each spring Avalon jackets.

    In typical 7yo fashion my daughter would prefer the Manhattan Special Occasion Dress! :) Oh to brave the tissue paper patterns now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you combine fabrics, colors and trims!!! Such fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the nice comments. It was such a fun project. I am planning on making several jackets. Karen

    ReplyDelete