101 Dalmations

101 Dalmations

Hundred day

Hundred day
Polka Dots galore

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Time getting away

I work at a fabric shop part time. We are closing our store so I have been working a lot instead of sewing. I have several outfits in the works and hope to finish and post soon. Time is getting away from me. I have had a lot of people ask me lately why do I make childrens clothes. You can buy them so cheap it's not worth the time. You have to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Yes you can go to Target and Walmart and buy clothes cheaper than you can make. But I like to make things that are boutique quality and style. My grandkids like to look special not like everyone else. My daughter and grandkids like getting stopped and have people ask where do you get their clothes. The kids love the attention. Kids grow up so fast. When they have a special day at school or a party, a special outfit is something they will remember. Everyday is special to them. So I try to make a lot of special clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget fit! It's rewarding to be able to make something that fits your child/grandchild just right.

    ReplyDelete